Refurbishment of Saint Teresa’s Monastery in Tuscany

St. Teresa’s Monastery is located in San Colombano in the municipality of Capannori, near Lucca, on a beautiful sunny hillside, amidst lush vegetation. Originally the seat of the Counts of Trombi, this manor house was converted into a monastery back in 1955.
The building was showing signs of deterioration caused by damp and high salt concentrations, as shown by analysis of samples of mortar and brick taken from various areas of the building. The diagnosis was a typical one: rising damp, and the only cure was to restore the structure of the building.
The restoration was carried out with a full cycle using Antol Risan System Intonaco WTA.