The Sant’Antonio Village Farmhouse is located in Policoro, near Matera, along the Metaponto coastal plain on the Ionian Sea.
The Feod of Policoro belonged to the San Severino family from 1300 to 1600, and they donated it to the Jesuits as an ex-voto offering. In 1772, the Jesuits were expelled from the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and the estate was purchased by Princess Maria Grimaldi of Gerace.
In 1893 it was sold to Baron Luigi Berlinghieri of Crotone who kept it until the early 1950s, when the Benevento sisters became owners, transforming part of the manor house into farm accommodation.
The building was showing signs of deterioration caused by high salt concentrations and by damp. The diagnosis was a typical one: rising damp, and the only cure was to restore the structure of the building.
The restoration was carried out on the northern face of the house, applying a full cycle of Antol Risan System Intonaco WTA to refurbish the walls.